[mythtv-users] Recomended distro???

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Jan 16 16:05:42 UTC 2007

On Jan 16, 2007, at 8:52 AM, Greg Estabrooks wrote:

>> Wow I cannot beleive what I am reading.....
>>
>> I beleive he asked for easy, so when has install it and compile
>> everything
>> yourself become easy.
>

>  That's because easy, like beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
>
>  What I consider "easy" when it comes to configuring a machine
> leaves my father with a boggled look in his eye, but what he
> considers easy when repairing
> a car  is not so easy to me who knows nothing more than where the
> gas and oil go.

In the gas tank and the crankcase right? Hopefully in that order.

Easy certainly is in the eye of the beholder. That's the beauty of
Linux, you can choose what works for you, unlike certain other
operating systems.

If somebody thinks Fedora is "better" than gentoo then they can use
it, but like everything else in this world some people aren't happy
with that and want everyone else to share their beliefs :-)