[mythtv-users] Atlanta Comcast

Peter pete at putzin.net
Wed Jan 17 11:09:51 UTC 2007

Calvin Harrigan wrote:
> Is there anyone on the list who uses Comcast in Atlanta?  I was
> wondering if their digital channels are encrypted.  Toying with the idea
> of getting cable, DishNetwork right now.  Also has anyone been able to
> control the Comcast set top box and record via Firewire.  I'm fairly
> certain it is a Motorola.

I have comcast in Chicago, and you end up having to search for the
stations using the DVB tools and then add them to the channel lineup
manually. I was able to find the major networks (CBS, NBC, ABC, PBS,
FOX) and a few local networks as well. Takes a few hours to get going,
but if you follow the wiki, it gets you where you want to go.