[mythtv-users] Output to monitor and TV - how?

Al al210 at hamster.foxhollow.ca
Wed Jan 17 14:18:37 UTC 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "JCA" <1.41421 at gmail.com>
To: <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2007 9:50 PM
Subject: [mythtv-users] Output to monitor and TV - how?

>   I am running MythTV 0.20 on a Slackware 11.0 box with a 2.6.19.1
> kernel. My video card is an Nvidia GEForce FX 5200, and it is
> connected to my TV by an S-Video cable. I have an xorg.conf file
> (which I am attaching) that I have put together, hoping to get my
> display both on my CRT monitor and TV simultaneously. So far, no luck.

I have the 5200 as well and display the same output on the monitor and TV.
The phrase you need to look for is "twinview".  I found the information in
the nvidia readme.

Adding these lines in the device section of xorg should do it.

# for twinview
        Option      "Twinview"
        Option      "TwinViewOrientation" "Clone"
        Option      "ConnectedMonitor" "CRT,TV"