[mythtv-users] Problems with PVR500/PVR350 and Mythsetup

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Jan 17 16:54:51 UTC 2007

On Jan 17, 2007, at 8:49 AM, Bill wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I recently updated my myth system to a whole new box.  I had not
> had to do this in many moons - and I have to say, the whole process
> - especially the PVR drivers and install was a lot less painful
> than I remember it.
>
> That being said, I have a problem.
>
> I am running Debian 2.6.19, ivtv drivers 2.6.19, Mythtv from SVN
> trunk.  There is a PVR500 and a PVR350 in the machine.  This is in
> the US, with the datadirect to zap2itlabs.
>
> Everything compiles right, the drivers seem to load okay (dmesg
> below).
>
> If I do the traditional tests of:
>
> cat /dev/video0 > test.mpg
> cat /dev/video1 > test.mpg
> cat /dev/video2 > test.mpg
>
> I get video recorded to the test.mpg file.  Looks good and sound
> works.
>
> When I run ivtv-tune on it, I can tune in channel 2 and cat it fine.
>
> When I go into mythtv-setup I can see the cards, choose them, scan
> them, everything... But when I go to exit, it tells me I have
> assigned the starting channel on card #0 to channel 2, which it
> claims does not exist.  I've told it to scan the channels and it
> shows signal and stuff.

I had this problem as well. I was trying to use two different lineup
names associated with the same zap2it lineup. I thought I needed a
new lineup name for each card, but that's not the case. Just use the
same settings for each of your capture cards (just name the cards
themselves differently) and your problem should go away.