[mythtv-users] Problems with PVR500/PVR350 and Mythsetup

Bill Bill at explosivo.com
Wed Jan 17 17:24:58 UTC 2007

On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 08:54:51 -0800
Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:

> On Jan 17, 2007, at 8:49 AM, Bill wrote:
>

> > Hello all,
> >
> > I recently updated my myth system to a whole new box.  I had not
> > had to do this in many moons - and I have to say, the whole process
> > - especially the PVR drivers and install was a lot less painful
> > than I remember it.
> >
> > That being said, I have a problem.
> >
> > I am running Debian 2.6.19, ivtv drivers 2.6.19, Mythtv from SVN
> > trunk.  There is a PVR500 and a PVR350 in the machine.  This is in
> > the US, with the datadirect to zap2itlabs.
> >
> > Everything compiles right, the drivers seem to load okay (dmesg
> > below).
> >
> > If I do the traditional tests of:
> >
> > cat /dev/video0 > test.mpg
> > cat /dev/video1 > test.mpg
> > cat /dev/video2 > test.mpg
> >
> > I get video recorded to the test.mpg file.  Looks good and sound
> > works.
> >
> > When I run ivtv-tune on it, I can tune in channel 2 and cat it fine.
> >
> > When I go into mythtv-setup I can see the cards, choose them, scan
> > them, everything... But when I go to exit, it tells me I have
> > assigned the starting channel on card #0 to channel 2, which it
> > claims does not exist.  I've told it to scan the channels and it
> > shows signal and stuff.
>
> I had this problem as well. I was trying to use two different lineup
> names associated with the same zap2it lineup. I thought I needed a
> new lineup name for each card, but that's not the case. Just use the
> same settings for each of your capture cards (just name the cards
> themselves differently) and your problem should go away.

I am unfortunately not at that machine right now.  I can remote in via ssh, but that only gets me log and database access.  But I suspect I have the same name, but cannot recall the exact layout off the top of my head.  I believe I just called it zap2it and pointed everything at it.

I just trolled my database and I have only one videosource defined, and in my capturecard table, they all point to that one.

That being said, it could show completely different things when I see it in the GUI.

Thanks for the tip, lets hope it works.

Bill