[mythtv-users] Time Warner Cable- Los Angeles - missing channels?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Jan 17 18:14:24 UTC 2007

On Jan 17, 2007, at 10:57 AM, Neil Rubin wrote:

> I'm using TWC digital near Hollywood.  In unencrypted QAM-256, I get:
>
> 1. All of the ATSC over-the-air feeds that TWC carries (channels
> 183-194, on various multiplexes).
> 2. Four additional SD channels:  KCBS, WGN, The Weather Channel,
> and TV101 (currently just color bars).  All of these are on the
> 108# multiplex.
> 3. Various on-demand preview channels and free previews.

Actually TV101 sounds like the most useful of them all.

I personally think every cable or satellite operator should have a
full-time channel devoted to SMPTE color bars so folks can properly
set up their monitors. A reference-level tone would also be helpful.

You want the split field to set up the chroma and tint properly, and
the PLUGE signal to get the black levels set up correctly. Full-field
bars are far less useful.