[mythtv-users] Atlanta Comcast

Larry T larryt at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 20:45:41 UTC 2007

I am using Comcast standard analog cable in Atlanta (NE by Perimeter Mall -
sometimes it matters). I had a box briefly under some promotion but using
one of those DVR boxes is so frustrating compared to MythTV that I couldn't
justify paying $10/mo for frustration. I never tried using firewire to
connect the box to a tuner card. However, I purchased a HD tuner card to
replace the box and I get the major networks in HD unencrypted and a few
others plus a few digital SD. Here is my list of channels:
WTBS TBSHD
WXIA NBCHD
WGCL CBSHD
TNTHD
WSB ABCHD
WAGA FoxHD
NBATV

There was also another channel with a banner "Current" in the bottom left I
picked up unencrypted but it didn't interest me much. There are other
digital channels that I didn't care about such as shopping, previews, music,
and CSPAN type channels.