[mythtv-users] Output to monitor and TV - how?

Blammo blammo.doh at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 00:50:36 UTC 2007

On 1/17/07, JCA <1.41421 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I am running MythTV 0.20 on a Slackware 11.0 box with a 2.6.19.1
> >> kernel. My video card is an Nvidia GEForce FX 5200, and it is
> >> connected to my TV by an S-Video cable. I have an xorg.conf file
> >> (which I am attaching) that I have put together, hoping to get my
> >> display both on my CRT monitor and TV simultaneously. So far, no luck.
>   I am confused. Are there not two Device sections - one for the CRT,
> one for the TV? Actually, could you please post your xorg.conf file?

Here's a little more to it than 3 lines.. You can set things like
independant resolutions, etc.. Here's a working dual-clone (my
nickname) config from a 5200. It outputs on both Svideo and VGA, both
at 800x600.

-------------------SNIP--------------------

Section "ServerLayout"

        #Screen      1  "Screen1" 0 0
        Identifier     "Multihead layout"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
        Option      "Xinerama" "off"
        Option      "Clone" "on"
EndSection

Section "Files"
        RgbPath      "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
        ModulePath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/nvidia"
        ModulePath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions"
        ModulePath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules"
        FontPath     "unix/:7100"
EndSection

Section "Module"
        Load  "dbe"
        Load  "extmod"
        Load  "fbdevhw"
        Load  "glx"
        Load  "record"
        Load  "freetype"
        Load  "type1"
        Load  "v4l"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "kbd"
        Option      "XkbModel" "pc105"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Monitor0"
        VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
        ModelName    "Unknown monitor"
        HorizSync    31.5 - 37.9
        VertRefresh  50.0 - 70.0
        Option      "dpms"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "nvidia"
        VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
        BoardName   "NVIDIA GeForce 5200"
        Option      "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"
        Option      "TwinView"
        Option      "TwinViewOrientation" "Clone"
        Option      "SecondMonitorHorizSync" "30 - 50"
        Option      "SecondMonitorVertRefresh" "60"
        Option      "MetaModes" "800x600,800x600"
        Option      "RenderAccel" "1"
        Option      "NvAGP" "1"
        Option   "XvmcUsesTextures" "true"
        Option      "ConnectedMonitor" "CRT,TV-0"
        Option      "TVOutFormat" "SVIDEO"
        Option       "UseEvents" "True"
EndSection

Section "Screen"