[mythtv-users] Recomended distro???

Bill Williamson bill at bbqninja.com
Thu Jan 18 02:03:06 UTC 2007

On 1/18/07, Mark Abreu <mark at gags-r-us.org> wrote:
> And at the risk of offending someone, I've never had to do a Windows re-install immediately after installing it on a clean machine.  More familiar territory with fewer decisions to make.  Sure I've had to wipe many a screwed up machine and install again.

It's all about "which is quicker: reinstall or fix".  I was playing
with using sound input as an lirc input on ubuntu and managed to hose
my alsa on a laptop.  After 20 minutes of trying to fix it (including
uninstalling and reinstalling alsa) I finally just wiped... it was a
dev laptop and took 30 minutes to reinstall and have it working.

You can always fix windows without reinstalling as well... but is it
worth the time?