[mythtv-users] Can't tune digital channels after --do-channels-update

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Thu Jan 18 06:29:49 UTC 2007

OK...since I never got any help on importing my old digital-channel
database back in, I did a re-scan the other night, remapped the xmltv IDs.
 Everything was great at this point - I could watch (and record) all the
digital channels, switching to an NTSC channel (analog tuner) happened
immediatel....all was well, except all the digital channels were still
named  "UNKNOWN xx#y".

So, I ran mythfilldatabase --do-channel-updates to go out and get the
right info from the video source.

Now...
(1) I can't tune any of the digital channels - at all.
(2) I have to manually switch ('c') tuners to get the analog channels
(this is a pcHDTV-5500 card with both NTSC and dvb tuners).

What happened???  I deleted all the duplicates in sourceID #1 that I could
find.

This is p*ss*ng me off big-time.  I was so close to having a fully working
setup.  :-(

TIA
Bob