[mythtv-users] using nuvexport from another (powerful) machine: "This host not configured for myth"

Dewey Smolka dsmolka at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 14:13:19 UTC 2007

On 1/18/07, Christophe Zwecker <doc at zwecker.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> my mythtv machine is a micro ITX Board with a PIII 1.2GHZ, its nice n
> small - great. Just when i transcode my recordings to xvid it takes like
> 3-4 hours for one hour of recording. My Server which is in the basement
> a Dual XEON would be happy to do the job, I installed mythfrontend,
> libs, copied mysql.txt changed it to point to the mythtv database..
> When I start nuvexport I get this:

> This host not configured for myth.
> (No RecordFilePrefix defined for too.foonat.de in the settings table.)
>
> Yes in the database is the hostname of the mythmaxhine, where do I tell
> nuvexport to ignore that ?

I had this problem as well. You need to have the recordings directory
mounted on the remote machine, and it has to be readable/writable to
the user running nuvexport.

You also need to set this up on the MySQL server with a command like:
INSERT INTO settings VALUES ('RecordFilePrefix', '/mnt/recordings', 'mythfe1')

The location '/mnt/recordings' is the locally mounted recordings
directory on the remote machine; the 'mythbe1' is the host name of the
remote machine.

This should let you run nuvexport jobs on your remote machine.