[mythtv-users] Balance volume across tuners

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Thu Jan 18 15:23:14 UTC 2007

jk-myth at kleeh.com wrote:
> The volume level for channels on my HDHR is significantly lower than
> channels tuned with the PVR-500 - is there a way to set volume levels per
> channel or per tuner?

No. I tried to start a pledge to get someone to develop it, but it
didn't generate any interest. What I did was a bit of a hack, but it
works for me. I have 2 PVR-250's, a PVR-150, and an HDHR, the PVR150 is
significantly quieter than all the other tuners (by 12db, if I recall
correctly) so I commented out the code in Myth that sets the volume, and
I manually set the volume for each PVR card at boot time (quiet the
250's and raise the 150) and the volume levels are pretty much bang on
now. The HDHR records the audio at whatever the stream contains, so
there is nothing you can do there, but it appears that the audio levels
are fairly consistent in the digital recordings I am getting.

Tom