[mythtv-users] Copy Mythbackend from one machine to another

Ben Edwards funkytwig at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 16:51:21 UTC 2007

I did something similar when I went from gentoo to ubuntu. I:-

* Set up the new PC with the SAME version of myth
* Copied the database
* Copied the media directory and the /home/mythtv directory.
* Made sure mysql.txt to new username/password..
* Copied the media across

It was a while ago.  One thing that may help is if you make sure the
new PC has the same name.

It would be good for you to make detailed notes during this (I lunched
this, sorry) and post it here.

Ben

On 18/01/07, tbaca at heritagewifi.com <tbaca at heritagewifi.com> wrote:
> New Linux user question to follow:
>
> I have two identical machines, one for use and the other for testing
> purposes.  The production machine has a problem wherein the backend
> segfaults when it tries to do a scheduled recording on the analog inputs
> of my PCHDTV 5500 card.  I have reported this issue to the mail list.
>
> On the test machine, I compiled myth.  I have testing that machine for
> several days and it appears that the problem is resolved.  However, on the
> test machine, I have not been able to get all the plugins to
> compile/install.
>
> So the question is can I just copy the "MYTHBACKEND" file from the test
> machine to the production machine?
>
> Thanks,
>
> _____
>  /ony

Ben Edwards - Brussels, Belgium & Bristol, UK
If you have a problem emailing me use
http://www.gurtlush.org.uk/profiles.php?uid=4
(email address this email is sent from may be defunct)