[mythtv-users] MythArchive Taking Long Time To Burn DVD

Eric Holt eric-mythtv at skoozdag.com
Thu Jan 18 20:45:55 UTC 2007

Well, I didnt get any replies on the list, but I fixed this issue... so
I thought I'd reply to myself incase anyone else is searching the
archives for an issue like this.

For whatever reason, my DVD drive didnt have DMA turned on... even
though in previous installs of KnoppMyth, it was out of the box.  Not
sure why this is the case... same DVD drive, same other hardware.

Anyway, so I turned DMA on, and burnt a DVD, and presto, took about 5
minutes to burn, versus the 37 minutes the previous time.  Much better.

--Eric