[mythtv-users] Is there an analog/HD tuner out there?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 20:48:55 UTC 2007

On 18/01/07, Steve <mythtv at birniefamily.net> wrote:
> I was pretty excited about the HD HomeRun when I first started looking
> into tuners.  I think it's a great product, but the one thing I didn't
> realize until after I bought one was that it only does HD channels, not
> analog.
>
> Since my plan was to keep my cable service and use MythTV as a possible
> replacement for my DVR, that leaves 90% or more of the channels unavailable.
>
> Are there tuners that handle both HD and analog?

THE pcHDTV HD-5500 (and the earlier HD-3000 version also I think) card
does - it has an HDTV-capable tuner and also S-Video and audio inputs
for analogue capture. pcHDVT is also a very Linux-friendly company.

Note that the Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 hybrid card also offers this
capability, but is not yet fully supported (and may never be) on
Linux.

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki: