[mythtv-users] LIRC irsend to turn on TV

Mitchell Gore mitchell2345 at msn.com
Fri Jan 19 00:04:56 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am trying to get lirc to turn on my projector when i push the power button.

I bought the remote bundled with the PVR-150MCE Kit.

It works just like a MCE USB remote.  Thats the config file im using in /etc/lircd.conf  and irw detects all button pushes.

I want to get lirc to turn on the projector (infocus 4805) when i push the power button.  To this is I *think* i would just put in the ~/.mythtv/lircrc file as program irsend and then the command/script to run.

The problem is that i cannot figure you how to use irsend.  I did find this remote file on the lirc page for a Infocus 5000.  I am hopeing that the power is the same on the 4805.  Otherwards I will need to use the capture prog.

Please help

Thanks,
Mitchell