[mythtv-users] LIRC irsend to turn on TV

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Fri Jan 19 01:51:11 UTC 2007

> Do you know if my blaster is supported I cant find it anywhere on the lirc
> site!
>
> I have tried doing this.
>
> /usr/bin/irsend SEND_ONCE /dev/lirc0 0_0_KEY_POWER
>
> but it tels me that the remote is unknown
>  here is the grep of /dev
>
> [root at mythtv Desktop]# ls /dev/ | grep lirc
> lirc
> lirc0
> lircd
>

> Thanks,
> mitchell

Looks to me as though there is some information missing there...

# irsend --help
Usage: irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...]

This then requires
/usr/bin/irsend -d /dev/lirc0 SEND_ONCE xxxx 0_0_KEY_POWER

where '-d' is required to define the lirc device and 'xxxx' is the tag
associated with the 'name' directive in the lircd.conf file. Because you
can have several sets of codes in this file, they are seperated into
blocks.

My TV remote definition (I've only declared the keys I need) is:

begin remote

  name  panasonic_tv_01
  bits           32
  flags SPACE_ENC
  eps            30
  aeps          100

  header       3521  1723
  one           452  1288
  zero          452   417
  ptrail        454
  pre_data_bits   16
  pre_data       0x4004
  gap          74386
  toggle_bit      0

      begin codes
          T_power                  0x000000000100BCBD
          T_one                    0x0000000001000809
          T_av                     0x000000000100A0A1
      end codes
end remote

so in my case the command line would be:
/usr/bin/irsend -d /dev/lirc0 SEND_ONCE panasonic_tv_01 T_power

--
Robin Gilks