[mythtv-users] Channel Up Not Working Properly

moodyjunk at frontiernet.net moodyjunk at frontiernet.net
Fri Jan 19 14:41:36 UTC 2007

Quoting Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com>:

> It sounds like when you start on channel 2, you are using one of your
> tuners that only goes up to channel 6. When you start on channel 7,
> since that first tuner doesn't have channel 7, it picks another tuner
> that does have channel 7 (as well as the rest of your channels).
>
> The fix is to make sure all of your tuners have all of their
> appropriate channels. You can not channel up and down across
> different tuners. You need to enter the guide and pick a channel from
> there or hit Y to cycle to the next tuner available.

I check all 3 tuners and the all behave the same way.  All tuners
correctly tune to channel 7 (and up).  When I Channel Up (up arrow)
from channel 6 I recycle to channel 2, but if I start at channel 7,
Channel Up continues through the upper channels.  Channel Down works
correctly.

Any other ideas out there?  Could I have set favorite channels
somehow?  How do I check what is in the favorite channel list? Do I
need to re-scan my channels via mythtv-setup?

Thanks for the help.

----- End forwarded message -----