[mythtv-users] Need help with meaning of channel table fields

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Jan 19 14:42:35 UTC 2007

Jerry Rubinow wrote:
> Back to the channel table fields, I have my QAM channels all setup and
> working now, except for one.  For some reason, what should be my HD ABC
> channel is actually displaying the ABC DT subchannel that runs news 24/7.
> The original scan found 3 ABC DT subchannels.  I tried using phpmyadmin to
> change the service ID for that channel to that of the other two
> subchannels,
> but it had no effect.
>
> A couple of possibilities occur to me.  First, mythbackend caches all the
> channel tuning info when it starts up and because I didn't restart it my
> changes to mythconverg had no effect.  Second, I'm changing the wrong thing
> or otherwise still am confused about the cause and effect going on.

Well the first is easy to check....And I hope that it fixed things,
because changing the serviceid should do the trick. And if you used
phpMyAdmin while mythbackend was running, then of course myth would not
recognize the change necessarily instantly (although one would think
that it would... did you remember to *save* the change?)

Have you tried tuning these 3 channels using azap? I presume they showed
up as 3 separate named 'channels', in which case you should be able to
tune each, using azap or mplayer.

Geoff