[mythtv-users] Adding an hd5500

Paul cnudde cnuddep at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 19 15:50:04 UTC 2007

Greetings,
I'm currently running Mythtv 0.20 on  debian etch with a 2.6.18 kernel.  I
have a pvr500 tuner card using ivtv 0.81 drivers.  I am considering getting
digital cable and adding an hd5500 card.  I have a few very basic (apologies
in advance) questions and I am hoping someone can anwer them.

1.  Will a pvr500 pickup standard cable channels from digital cable?
(provider is Rogers Cable in Toronto if that helps)

2. Or will I have to ditch the PVR500 altogether and get a second hd5500 for
a dual tuner setup?

3. How does splitting digital cable affect signal?

4. Are there any known compatability issues with these two cards?

Thanks in advance