[mythtv-users] MythVideo woes

JCA 1.41421 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 17:58:40 UTC 2007

   I seem to be unable to get MythVideo correctly configured in my box
running MythTV 0.20. In myhtfrontend I select

  Utilties/Setup -> Setup -> Media Settings -> Videos Settings ->
General Settings

and set the "Directory that holds videos" box to /Movies/MythTV. This
directory contains a bunch of MPG and AVI files that I can play with
no problems by hand when I invoke mplayer from the Linux command line.

  However, if in mythfrontend I select

  Media Library -> Watch Videos

I only get a No files found icon. What am I missing? It's not a
permissions issue on /Movies/MythTV; that much I am positive about.