[mythtv-users] XvMC and dual head or TV out. Is this possible?

Listbox listbox at hymerfania.com
Fri Jan 19 21:40:55 UTC 2007

Hi,
I have a crt multisync monitor and a NTSC television. I would like
mythfrontend  to use the television as its display. It ALMOST works if I use
Xinerama and set the display to "1", but I must use XvMC to get acceptable
performance. When I use xvmc, the GUI shows up on the TV, but I get no video
on the tv at all, just a blank screen.
Is there a configuration that will work? Here is my xorg.conf:

# Xorg configuration created by Listbox

Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier     "Dual head configuration"
    Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
    Screen      1  "Screen1" Below "Screen0"
    InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
    Option         "Xinerama" "on"
    Option         "Clone" "off"
EndSection

Section "Files"

# Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are concatenated together)
# By default, a font server independent of the X server is
# used to render fonts.
    FontPath        "unix/:7100"
    ModulePath
"/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia,/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions,/u
sr/lib/xorg/modules"
EndSection

Section "Module"
    Load           "dbe"
    Load           "extmod"
    Load           "fbdevhw"
    Load           "glx"
    Load           "record"
    Load           "freetype"
    Load           "type1"
    Load    "v4l"
    Load      "synaptics"
# Load  "dri"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

# Specify which keyboard LEDs can be user-controlled (eg, with xset(1))
# Option "Xleds"  "1 2 3"
# To disable the XKEYBOARD extension, uncomment XkbDisable.
# Option "XkbDisable"
# To customise the XKB settings to suit your keyboard, modify the
# lines below (which are the defaults).  For example, for a non-U.S.
# keyboard, you will probably want to use:
# Option "XkbModel" "pc102"
# If you have a US Microsoft Natural keyboard, you can use:
# Option "XkbModel" "microsoft"
#
# Then to change the language, change the Layout setting.
# For example, a german layout can be obtained with:
# Option "XkbLayout" "de"
# or:
# Option "XkbLayout" "de"
# Option "XkbVariant" "nodeadkeys"
#
# If you'd like to switch the positions of your capslock and
# control keys, use:
# Option "XkbOptions" "ctrl:swapcaps"
# Or if you just want both to be control, use:
# Option "XkbOptions" "ctrl:nocaps"
#
    Identifier     "Keyboard0"
    Driver         "kbd"
    Option         "XkbModel" "pc105"
    Option         "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier     "Mouse0"
    Driver         "mouse"
    Option         "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
    Option         "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
    Option         "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
    Option         "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
# Option     "dpms"
    Identifier     "Monitor0"
    VendorName     "NEC Vendor"
    ModelName      "NEC MultiSync 90"
    DisplaySize     370    270
    HorizSync       31.0 - 96.0
    VertRefresh     55.0 - 160.0
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier     "Monitor1"
    VendorName     "Monitor Vendor"
    ModelName      "Crappy Television"
    HorizSync       30.0 - 50.0
    VertRefresh     60.0 - 60.0
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "CRT"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    VendorName     "nVidia Corporation"
    BoardName      "nVidia Corporation NV43 [GeForce 6200]"
    BusID          "PCI:2:0:0"
    Option       "RenderAccel" "true"
    Option       "AllowGLXWithComposite" "true"
    Screen          0
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "TV"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    VendorName     "nVidia Corporation"
    BoardName      "nVidia Corporation NV43 [GeForce 6200]"
    BusID          "PCI:2:0:0"
    Option       "RenderAccel" "true"
    Option       "AllowGLXWithComposite" "true"
    Screen          1
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen0"