[mythtv-users] MythTV can't (safely) record UK Channel five

Michael Tiller michael.tiller at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 21:53:13 UTC 2007

I have had (and, to some extent, am still having) a similar issue with my
HDHomerun that might be relevant here as well.  I found many issues in the
underlying FFMPEG code where a digital stream could be captured (in my case
with the HDHomerun) but it was corrupted somehow.  This resulted in lots at
least one divide by zero and several different potential null pointer
references in the FFMPEG code.  I reported it both on the Myth TRAC system
and ultimately to the FFMPEG people but I'm not convinced the message was
completely received.

The issues all boiled down to a lack of checks on valid date in the FFMPEG
code.

In my case, the problem manifested itself generating previews.  This could
crash the frontend and even the backend (when generating previews for
MythWeb, for example).  I'm assuming that if I tried to play the files they
might crash as well?!?  Also, I suspect the commercial flagging would
probably have died on these files as well.

Just a thought.  Here <http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2889> is a link to
the TRAC issue if anybody is interested.

--
Mike