[mythtv-users] CAM support - not init after suspend

chrispazz at hotmail.com chrispazz at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 19 22:21:21 UTC 2007

Hello!
I have a working Mythtv (0.20) and I am using a Nova-S CI with a cam (I have a regular sat subscription).

When I insert my cam (with card) in the slot, everything works ok (encrypted channels are correctly decrypted).

When the PC goes to suspend to ram, after resume I get this message:

dvb_ca adaptor 0: PC card did not respond

and I cannot decrypt anymore. If I take the cam (not the card) out of common interface and put it inside again, the cam gets a reset and start again to work ok (in dmesg: dvb_ca adapter 0: DVB CAM detected and initialised successfully).

I am looking for help to understand if I can issue any command to reset the cam without getting it out if CI.
I am using a Fedora 6 distro and mythtv-suite.

Thank you.
Chris