[mythtv-users] Mythweb WAP workaround

Mark H mrhegstrom at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 22:44:06 UTC 2007

(Sorry if this ends up being a duplicate post!)
  I used to be able to use my cell phone to schedule recordings in previous
versions of mythweb. It doesn't work anymore and is a known problem. I tried
to follow posts on mythtv-users, editing init.php and mobile.php, but
nothing worked. I couldn't fix it, but I made a nice work around.
   I created a second mythweb directory called mythwap. I forced the
skin/theme to use wap rather than full size default and created an entry on
the initial index.html page. (I use knoppmyth which has an initial
index.html page - you can just point your cell/PPC (or any) browser to the
new mythwap dir instead of mythweb (i.e.
http://mymythbox.ip/mythwap/mythweb.php)<http://mymythbox.ip/mythwap/mythweb.php%29>)

As root:

cp -R /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb /usr/share/mythtv/mythwap
chmod -R a+rw /usr/share/mythtv/mythwap (A little much but so what)
ln -s /usr/share/mythtv/mythwap /var/www/mythwap
cd /var/www/mythwap/modules/_shared/tmpl
mv default default-orig
ln -s wap default (creates a symlink so it forces wap is the default skin)

If you are using knoppmyth:
vi /var/www/index.html and after
add this:

Save and test from your mobile phone. Works great on older PPC's too.