[mythtv-users] Is this possible?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat Jan 20 05:46:11 UTC 2007

* On Fri Jan 19, 2007 at 09:18:33PM -0800, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> > My current test code adds a 'recordedfile' table.  Adding another copy
> > of the recording is as simple as inserting a new record into that

> I had mentioned this a couple of months back, but was met with
> silence. I'm happy to see you've got it in the works! I would be

I must have missed it or either I replied with a link to the script
I posted a while back that let you keep the transcoded copy as
another recording in Myth by duplicating all the recording info
and offsetting the time by a second.  Total hack, but I think
it accomplished what someone was looking for when I posted it.

> thrilled to keep full-res HD for watching just on my living room
> front end and make everyone else watch a transcoded version that
> doesn't bring their machines to a hault and tie up my network.

Yeah, it will be a long time before all my frontends are HD
capable so I'd like the same thing.

--
Chris