[mythtv-users] XFCE4 and mythrontend

Matthew Asplund mattasplund at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 17:12:00 UTC 2007

I have a kitchen media center which runs web surfing with firefox, music
jukebox with amarok and TV with myth.  I have been using KDE as the desktop
environment, and running mythfrontend in windows mode on its own workspace.
Under KDE I start it with "mythfronend --windowed -geometry 1280x1024" and
it runs in basically full-screen mode (there is no top or side bars) on the
one workspace.  Now this is pretty good, except that the machine is a 1 GHz
P3 with 512 MB, which is a bit anemic for this.  I got XFCE installed and
running, and it does save memory, but I have having one problem.  When I run
mythfrontend, it doesn't take up the full screen because the top and side
bars are still there.  I have read some documentation about XFCE but cannot
find a way to tell it run that windows full-screen.

Matthew Asplund