[mythtv-users] Myth Recording Extender (MRE) database query issue

John jharitos at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 20 18:17:23 UTC 2007

--- John <jharitos at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Does your system meet all requirements listed in the
> README file?
> Sounds like you may need the PEAR DB package.
>
> #> pear list
> Installed packages, channel pear.php.net:
> Package Version State
> Archive_Tar 1.3.1 stable
> Console_Getopt 1.2 stable
> DB 1.7.6 stable
> PEAR 1.4.9 stable
>
> If you don't have DB listed try this:
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> Thanks for the help. I did a pear list and this is
> what the output displayed.
>
> Installed packages, channel pear.php.net:
> Package        Version State
> Archive_Tar    1.3.1   stable
> Console_Getopt 1.2     stable
> DB             1.7.7   stable
> Log            1.9.9   stable
> PEAR           1.4.6   stable
> XML_RPC        1.4.4   stable
>
> Am I missing something?

I ran MRE in debug mode and it gives me the following.

SELECT * FROM recorded
	      WHERE
	      endtime > NOW() AND recordid <> 0 AND recgroup
<> 'LiveTV' AND
		  DATE_ADD(starttime, INTERVAL 15 MINUTE) >= NOW()
[nativecode=2006 ** MySQL server has gone away]SELECT
* FROM recorded
              WHERE
              endtime > NOW() AND recordid <> 0 AND
recgroup <> 'LiveTV' AND
                  DATE_ADD(NOW(), INTERVAL 30 MINUTE)
>= endtime [nativecode=2006 ** MySQL server has gone
away]Sleeping for 5 minutes.

I suspect the issue is the Mysql has gone away but I'm
not sure how to fix it.