[mythtv-users] OS X: how to start mtd?

Matt Hannan mythtvlist at cox.net
Sat Jan 20 19:42:30 UTC 2007

Matt Hannan wrote:

> I found mtd buried in /Applications/Mythfrontend.app/Contents/MacOS/,
> but I have no clue how to run it at boot.
> It isn't like OS X has /etc/rc.local!
> Looked at creating a shortcut to /Library/StartupItems/, but that didn't
> work.
> And I do not quite grok launchd (or whatever the new Tiger xinetd deal
> is called).
>
> Any ideas?
>
> I have been using Myth for YEARS now, but this is the furthest along I
> have been in configuring a remote frontend. Been using it from the
> backend forever and this is a bit...different.
> Rather than dump all the questions in a single thread, I am going to
> post a bunch of separate ones. Perhaps it will be easier for folks down
> the road to search on.
>
> Matt

Well, I figured out why MTD will not start. Now I just need to figure
out where to find a file!

:/Applications/MythFrontend.app/Contents/MacOS user$ ./mtd
dyld: Library not loaded: libmyth-0.20.0.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/MythFrontend.app/Contents/MacOS/./mtd
Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap

I’ve looked high and low both on the hard drive and the Web, but I can
not find this libmyth-0.20.0.dylib anywhere.
Any ideas?