[mythtv-users] screensaver! Argh!

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Sat Jan 20 21:29:54 UTC 2007

I know I am doing something inconsistently wrong here, but I cannot seem
to figure out what it is. :(

I've got FC5 x86 on all of my FE boxes, and, in gnome, I have used the
GUI to change the screensaver preferences such that "Activate
screensaver when session is idle" is not checked.  Also, when my
"mythwrapper.sh" script fires up, it should disable the screensaver as well:
#!/bin/sh

# Load nVidia driver custom settings
/usr/bin/nvidia-settings --load-config-only&
sleep 2
# Disable Dynamic Power Management (screen blanking)
/usr/bin/xset -dpms
# Disable screen saver
/usr/bin/xset s off
# Start up the front end
/usr/bin/mythfrontend

However, if we're watching something, the screensaver kicks in.  It's a
typical generic "X" screensaver, with an off-blue background and a black
"X".  Every time this happens, I haven't been able to see what might be
causing it (gnome-screensaver *is* still running).

Any ideas what I might be missing here?

-Rich