[mythtv-users] Mythbackend Segfault on Delete

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Sun Jan 21 01:22:54 UTC 2007

Gareth Glaccum wrote:
> Sorry, mine truned out to be a known easy to fix bug (i.e. update the system
> to the patch from last week).
> I can't remember, did you provide the stack trace from gdb? Was this a
> compiled or an RPM install of Myth?

No, I don't think I provided a stack trace. Will do that ASAP. This Myth host
is installed from the Axel's ATRPMS images. I checked and definitely have the
most current images.

> Can you double check your hosts/nsswitch config an ensure that beryl does
> lookup correctly if you think that adding it as a client is an issue? I know
> on my system (because I don't read instructions [who does?]) I had the
> mistake of localhost.localdomain as my master server (still have this week)
> and this caused several nasty communications crashes.

Yea, I did mess this up. The LAN IP address was resolving as beryl instead of
beryl.pvt: .pvt being the pseudo-domain for my LAN. This was causing some
security problems with MySQL. I fixed it, but am still getting segfaults when
I try to delete a recording from mythweb.

Interestingly, when I fixed the name resolution problem, mythbackend seemed to
lose some of its configuration info, like the IP information and the one
encoder present. I reentered this information but am still getting the segfaults.

Sigh.