[mythtv-users] Is this possible?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Jan 21 04:14:19 UTC 2007

* On Sat Jan 20, 2007 at 01:13:37AM -0600, Mitchell Gore wrote:
> How far of do you think this kind of thing is?  MythTV .21? or later?

Since I think 0.21 is a ways off, I can probably say that you'll see it
in SVN before 0.21 is out.  Right now, it is pretty high on my TODO list
so I will be working on it as I have time.

> i think this is really needed being the high hardware demands of HD and
> all the frontends that cant hadle the load.  Also many people only have
> one HDTV and use their older SD TV's in other rooms its a waste of
> hardware to spend $$ to decode HD when your using that SD tv.

That's another reason, I have frontends that I doubt I'll ever upgrade
to make them HD capable, but I still want to be able to watch a transcoded
copy of an HD show on them.

--
Chris