[mythtv-users] Question about Recorded Programs.

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Sun Jan 21 04:44:31 UTC 2007

I am setting up a MythTV system with the Receivers/Disk on
one machine, and a separate diskless machine near the TV.

For now I am just testing the setup with my 'main machine'
substituting as the 2nd machine near the TV.

OK, the problem.
If I go to the MythTV machine, the one with the Disk, I can
go to the Main Menu, and then go to

    ->Media Library->Watch Recordings

and see the programs that are available.

If I go over to the 2nd machine, the one without the Disk, I
DO NOT see any of the recorded programs, and am presented
with a list of showing what is currently playing on the tuned
in station.

So, whats wrong?
Did I miss a setting?
I ASSUME that MythTV passes this info over the ethernet
connection on one of its two ports, and that it doesnt need
a NFS mount of the /mnt/video file system (since it can
play videos without this mount).

Ill go back thru setup CAREFULLY again, but if you can point
me at what Im missing, you will same me some time/grief.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com