[mythtv-users] DVB Radio

Bill Williamson bill at bbqninja.com
Sun Jan 21 05:39:28 UTC 2007

On 1/21/07, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 21/01/07, Bill Williamson <bill at bbqninja.com> wrote:
> > 1. I cannot find anything about recording profiles in mythtv-setup.
> > Could you maybe tell me the menu structure to look under?
> Sorry - you found the setting I meant in the frontend settings below.
> I must have imagined it was in mythtv-setup.

No worries.  The setup and config menus are my only complaint with
myth currently :)

> > 2. Under recording profiles in mythfrontend (in the options section)
> > there are only options about "Recording Type" which lists "Normal,"
> > "Tv Only", and "Audio Only."  Mine was set up on "Normal".
> If set to 'Normal', all streams should be recorded. However, there is
> a trac ticket (http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2300) concerning
> where DVB radio fails even if your recording profile is set to
> 'Normal' . The ticket states the problem the ticket submitted was
> having was fixed in revision 11815. Which version of MythTV are you
> using?
>
> # mythbackend --version

Ubuntu 6.10's deb from universe:

bbqninja at megatron:~$ mythbackend --version
Library API version: 0.20.20060828-3
Source code version: Unknown
Options compiled in:
 linux debug using_xvmcw using_v4l using_oss using_alsa using_arts
using_jack using_ivtv using_firewire using_dbox2 using_hdhr
using_ip_rec using_freebox using_live using_lirc using_joystick_menu
using_dvb using_x11 using_xv using_xrandr using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld
using_opengl_vsync using_opengl using_frontend using_backend
bbqninja at megatron:~$

> > 3. When I try to change to a DVB radio channel, the backend log says this:
> > "2007-01-21 15:04:04.459 DTVSM(0) Error: We want 0 audio and 1 video streams
> >                         But have 1 audio and 0 video streams"
> >

> That's the message I was getting until I reverted back from 'TV' to
> 'Normal' - this gives the value of 'all' in the database I mentioned
> earlier in the thread - and I've not had a problem since.

All DVB profiles are set to normal (although I only use default) and
have been since setup/install.  The table you referenced above still
has zero total records in it.