[mythtv-users] MythTV vs Media Center - funny

Mark Abreu mark at gags-r-us.org
Sun Jan 21 14:55:43 UTC 2007

When the Windows guy brought me the stuff he told me I'd have to install a DVD player.  I assumed this was only if I intended to put a movie DVD in to play it, which I didn't plan to do for this test.  But it appears that's what gets you the codec you need.  I tried to install the WinDVD trial first but the installer failed when trying to install a couple of additional things.  The PowerDVD trial installed fine and now I see live TV on the Media Center box.

Clearly - to me anyway - it was much easier to get Mythdora running.  Now I'm going to try another MythTV setup using Fedora and Mr. Wilson's website as a guide.