[mythtv-users] Whatever happened to HTPC mobos with tv-out?!
lists at locutory.org
Sun Jan 21 19:15:40 UTC 2007
Gabe Rubin wrote:
> On 1/21/07, glen martin <lists at locutory.org> wrote:
>> I built a HD-capable frontend a while back on a Asus mobo with a TV-out
>> connector on the board. Sweet little box, no cards so lots of airflow
>> with little fan.
> Out of curiosity, if you are trying to build an HD-capable front-end,
> why are you looking for s-video. S-video, by definition is incapable
> of doing HD. If your TV is HD capable, it should have either a DVI,
> HDMI, or VGA input in it. If your TV is not HD capable, then I
> understand the issue.
I should have mentioned that, yes, my TV is a pretty decent 32" NTSC
with only analog inputs. I've been displaying on X at 1024x768 which the
mobo converts to s-video pretty well.
Another poster suggested I search newegg for 6150 chipsets on mATX
boards. There are 4 matching boards:
- several comments about poor stability and worse s-video quality. WAF
will probably be low.
- has that sideways PATA connector
Abit NF-M2 nview
- doesn't seem to have an s-video connector or header
- there is also a negative comment about lan chip overheating because
it is placed in a spot hard to ventilate
* DFI C51PV-M2/G Infinity
- oh so close, but it is not mATX despite being labeled as such - it
is 9.6 x 10.6, not 9.6 x 9.6
More information about the mythtv-users