[mythtv-users] Delete last recording causes mythfrontend to hang

John jharitos at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 21 22:16:09 UTC 2007

Not sure if anyone else has had a similar problem. Say
I have 4 recordings and I want to delete them, I can
delete number 4 and do an escape and I'll be taken
back to the menu. Same for number 3 and 2. When I try
to delete the last recording and then hit escape, the
mythfrontend freezes. When this happened, I did an
alt-tab so I could open up a terminal to kill the
frontend thinking it was completely hung. When I went
to do this, the frontend came out of the freeze. I did
some testing and narrowed it down to the live preview
causing the hang since it didn't do this when turned
off or when I checked generate a thumbnail. I also
tried the CPU friendly setting and it didn't work. I
guess I could always keep a dummy recording around to
prevent this or just use a thumbnail but I figured I'd ask.