[mythtv-users] xbox recommendations

Wade Maxfield mythtv at hotblack.co.nz
Mon Jan 22 05:26:50 UTC 2007

>http://www.xbox-scene.com/ is a great place to learn xbox modding,
>the forums and guides are pretty useful.
>
>Me I personally use an application on the xbox called xbox media
>center in conjunction with a modchip (xecuter 2 modchip - about $40,
>software is under some sort of GPL license)
>
>There is a plugin for XBMC that works as a slim down frontend for
>myth - more information can be found at http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/
>index.php/Xbox_Frontend, it works pretty well.
>
>You are correct that the xbox is unable to play back HD content (at
>least i have had limited success) it just does not have the horsepower.
>
>Jeremy

I'll second the use of an Xecuter 2 (or 3) and XBMC with the Myth
scripts.  The scripts are just python scripts that connect directly
to MySQL on your Myth backend for info about recordings, which are
shared to the Xbox via Samba.  It's not a full on frontend but it's
simple enough to get working and the interface is quite responsive.

  - Wade