[mythtv-users] switching to Ubuntu from Fedora???

Peter Baumgartner sgt.hulka at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 05:38:40 UTC 2007

>      So I guess the question is, has anyone done this

yep. about a month ago.

> and if so what did you  think of the change?

I'm much happier with it. It seems speedier, but I can't say for sure.
I find package management much easier. I probably had it back up and
running in about an hour using a mysql dump of mythconverg.

The only oddity I've noticed so far is trying to keep the system clock
synced. ntpd didn't seem to do it, but I haven't really dug into it.
The Ubuntu MythTV packages don't get updated nearly as frequently as
Axel's repository. I'll probably move over to svn soon because of
that.

Easy. Start here: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MythTV_Edgy