[mythtv-users] switching to Ubuntu from Fedora???

casey dunn casey.dunn at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 06:45:47 UTC 2007

Just did the exact oposite.  Everything was running too smoothly so I
moved from Ubuntu + I don't remember who's packages to FC6 and atrpms
.21 packages.

I'd echo pretty much everything else said here Ubuntu felt a but
faster.  Takes about an hour to dump one db restore it on the other
then run though mythsetup to clean things up. Should be a smoth
transistion as long as the to mythtv versions are the same or you move
to a newer version.  No idea what will happen if you try to move down
a db schema version.

I do like how yum show's what repo the packages are comming from.
Helps when you mix and match repo's.  The user setup is very different
(no root user, a few other things.)