[mythtv-users] 2 quick questions

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Mon Jan 22 13:40:28 UTC 2007

On 22 Jan 2007, at 06:59, Phill Edwards wrote:

>> Let's all try and make meaningful subject lines a priority, and when
>> we finally do get answers post a summary with SOLVED in the subject
>> but in the same thread.
>
> Agree with the meaningful subject sentiments, but not with putting
> SOLVED into the subject. If you do that won't it mess up threaded
> email clients and make them think that the SOLVED email is part of a
> new thread?

No, it shouldn't.

This is a current topic on another list I read. See this recent
explanation I made:
<http://listserver.themacintoshguy.com/pipermail/x4u/2007-January/
016465.html>

In the threaded list of messages you can see threading is maintained
even through changed subject lines:
<http://listserver.themacintoshguy.com/pipermail/x4u/2007-January/
thread.html>

See how the "[X4U] how to play all podcasts?" changes into "[X4U]
Migrate without Firewire link." and "[X4U] Re: hijacking threads".
The thread breaks only with the replies from jelmore & Wendy S.
Austin - I'm pretty sure this is because their email clients are (web-
based and?) broken and not retaining the "References: " headers when
they reply.

Stroller.