[mythtv-users] Upgrade to HDTV from SDTV Question, 1.5 year old system

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 22:03:19 UTC 2007

On 1/22/07, Phil Figgins <habajaba at gmail.com> wrote:
> > From: Bob Sully [mailto:rcs at malibyte.net]
> > I did have to use make
> > sure I did all of the tweaks possible with the proprietary nVidia
> > driver to get it to play 720p HD content cleanly.  I haven't tried it
> > at 1080i yet (the small text and interlacing are unacceptable when
> > using it as a computer rather than a DVR),  and my TV won't do 1080p.
>
> Would you (or anyone else) mind directing me to the info on these nVidia
> driver tweaks? I'm trying to get 720p to be clean on my machine (very
> similar to yours) and I haven't quite got it nailed yet.

I have a brief entry about it under the WD65732 tv,
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Modeline_Database

Basically, using the 9xxx series driver place
Option         "UseEvents" "True"
in your Screen subsection and enable XVideo Vsync in the
nvidia-settings application that comes with the drivers (don't forget
to have X load these settings when you start X).

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!