[mythtv-users] What is current status of MacOS X Backend?

Steve steve.posting at mac.com
Tue Jan 23 00:27:44 UTC 2007

I was wondering what the current status of the Myth Backend for Mac
OS X was? and if it was possible to build a MacOS X backend to record
DVB?

I currently have a Linux DVB backend/frontend recording TV for a
number of MacOS X frontends. I also have a Mac OS X back-up server so
in the interests of reducing power and space, would like to combine
the MythTV backend and the back-up server into one machine.

There was some talk on the mailing lists last January of a Mac OS X
Backend Beta (starting at http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-dev/2006-
January/043373.html). I wondered what the current status of
development was. I'm not a coding expert - but if there are set up
instructions I'd happily test stuff. There is also the application
iTele (http://www.defyne.org/dvb/iTele.html) which seems to have
working drivers for the Nova-T cards I would like to use, but I'm not
sure if the drivers are more widely available.

Thanks for your time,

Steve

--
Backend/Frontend:
2x Nova-T, Sempron 2600+, A7V600 Motherboard, 256Mb RAM, 250Gb ATA,

Frontends:
Various Mac OS X machines