[mythtv-users] switching to Ubuntu from Fedora???

Kevin Prudente brewdente at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 23 02:45:44 UTC 2007

I too have Fedora as the main OS on my backend.  It's
... well, it's
Fedora.  I recently got a via epia system and
installed Ubuntu.
BEST/EASIEST linux install to date.  Been at this game
a while and I'm
so happy with Ubuntu that I think I want to try
running a Ubuntu backend
now.  This topic wants to make me do it even more.
The only thing
stopping me is migrating my LVM partition.  I have a
root partition on a
separate drive and I have an LVM partition across 2
drives.  Will I lose
the data on the LVM partition by installing Ubuntu?
Will Ubuntu
automagically recognize my LVM partition?  Does anyone
have experience
with this.

Kevin

wrote:

>> Note that the packages marked as 0.21 at ATrpms'
bleeding section are
>> built in debug mode - w/o having actually compared
I'd guess
>> 0.20/release should have better performance than
0.21/debug.
>> --
>> Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
>>

> I should have been more clear.  I don't actually use
myth-frontend.  I