[mythtv-users] XvMC and Audio Problems

Phil Figgins habajaba at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 03:48:42 UTC 2007

Ok, I've done all of the performance tweaks tat I've been able to find over
the past few weeks. As it turns out, enabling XvMC causes minor audio
dropouts on playback of HD content on my machine. It's really barely
noticeable, but enough to be really annoying. I'd say the drop out is about
every 20 seconds and only lasts a fraction of a second. This machine, from
what I've read, should be plenty to handle the job, so I'm not sure where
the problem is. I am planning to add 2 analog tuners, so I want to preserve
as much of the CPU as I can, hence the XvMC being enabled. Does anyone have
any ideas? With XvMC off, it's PERFECT and CPU was around 30-40% on playback
with nothing recording in the background.

Machine specs are -

Dell Dimension 8400

P4 2.8ghz

1gb ram