[mythtv-users] Controlling a DirecTV GAEBO STB

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Tue Jan 23 05:31:45 UTC 2007

This one time, at band camp, JCA wrote:

>     Other than the obvious sockets to be used to connect it to my TV
> and video capture card, my STB has a funny-looking socket labeled RF.

I know nothing about DirecTV but RF is generally a socket that outputs
the video and audio as an RF signal, i.e., similar to what would be
received down your aerial.  That way you tune it into your television as
if it were a transmitted channel.

Alternatively, it _could_ be a socket to connect your antenna to, but I
doubt that.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

 "Cocaine, habit forming?  Of course not.  I ought to know.
  I've been using it for years."
- Tallulah Bankhead