[mythtv-users] Ubuntu / Kubuntu

Damian Surr damian at gingermagic.com
Tue Jan 23 10:22:44 UTC 2007

> No.  Except that mythtv uses qt like kde.
> What I do, is doing a server install and then install mythtv frontend and/ora
> backend.  So I have a minimal install + the needed packages for running
> mythtv.

What's the difference between the server install and the desktop? I
assume I want the desktop as I think I'll need the backend and front end
on the same machine. Would the Ubuntu server OS be better?

Also, how would you format a 300Gig drive? I've read that the usual
formats aren't good for Myth because of their poor performance deleting
large files.

Damian