[mythtv-users] Recording Grouping feature in .20 question

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 14:35:32 UTC 2007

I want to use the new feature for using a Storage Group in Myth to
save my recordings as opposed to using an LVM.

I'm a bit unclear how to do this and I'm pretty new in the Linux
world. Could someone with some more experience than I layout some
suggestions and processes needed to achieve this with multiple drives.

For instance how would do this if I had 2 drives in a backend, the
first drive has a `/video/recordings` directory and the 2nd drive is
basically blank and I want to use the whole drive for storage, like
adding a drive to an LVM?

If I have a slave backend and it has a directory `/recordings` how
would I incorporate that into the same group?

T.I.A

AJM,