[mythtv-users] change recordings directory with SQL

Shawn Kwang skwang at hep.uchicago.edu
Tue Jan 23 19:15:36 UTC 2007

I would like to change the recordings directory on a mythbackend *without*
using the mythtv-setup GUI.  I figure there must be a way to change the
recordings directory directly using mysql and SQL commands.  However, I
don't know any SQL.  I know that in the mythconverg database there is a
setup table, but beyond that I don't know the recordings directory
field/variable is kept.

Long story short this is a crude hack to get mythtv/mythbackend working
for tonight's State of the Union Address.  Right now the mythbackend
machine doesn't have X-windows working.

Thanks in advance,
Shawn

--