[mythtv-users] mythbackend hangs during recording

Kevin Slater kevin.slater at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 19:54:33 UTC 2007

Even if we are going to watch something that airs at say 8pm on some
evening, we normally wait until 8:15 or so (unless it's a longer than an
hour recording) and then start watching. That way we can fast forward thru
the commercials. It keeps us all from thinking we need the next great thing
that's being marketed.

We also record a lot of 1/2 hour shows that we can watch in 22 minutes (sans
commercials of course) and use those as filler prior to watching a network
show in a particular time slot. Of course it took us a while to develop our
trust in MythTV before we'd do that. Now we pretty much take for granted
that our shows will get recorded as we expect.

...Kevin